Privacy Terms & Conditions
1. Thank you for taking the time to review our Terms and Conditions. At times, Barrie Amateur Radio Club Inc. (“BARC”) will collect certain personal information about customers and visitors to websites hosted by us. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when use our website for a transaction or subscription service. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website or those websites hosted by us, and stored for use in our system.
2. The purpose of this document is to explain what types of information we will collect and how that information is used. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs.
3. BARC respects the privacy of those accessing our website. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our users. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. BARC collects personal data about our users when you visit our website, apply for a subscription, or engage in a transaction.
Use of Personal Data
5. BARC may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about events; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, you can contact us to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
6. BARC may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. BARC may collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
8. Any information BARC collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within BARC or to a third party to ensure service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that users disclose in a public space, including on any blog, forum, membership database or any site BARC may host, is available to anyone else who visits that space. BARC cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. BARC will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor. BARC undertakes not to contact minors for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
12. BARC reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. BARC further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. BARC reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit consent to do so.
15. BARC reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
16. BARC may, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your use of this Site, and remove and discard any content on the Site, for any reason, including, without limitation if you violate these Terms. BARC may also bar you from any future access to the Site. BARC will not be liable to you for any such suspension, termination or prohibition on future access.
Privacy Terms & Conditions